Friday, July 18, 2008

Where do you walk?

I am starting this blog to share my walking and hiking experiences in Tennessee. My walks have taken place mostly in state and city parks I have bagged a few nights in some national parks and recreation areas. I walk as much for recreation as I do for excercise.

Bledsoe State Park is a good place to walk a few miles. It has several trails from easy to moderate. The shoreline trail is a nice walk along the shore of Old Hickory Lake. I have seen signs of beavers, ducks, geese, squirrels and, a lot of deer. The deer are everywhere and and not very afraid of people. The Ranger's wife feeds them daily. There is a trail that starts at the Rangers office that is flat with benches along the way for those that need to take a break. Along this trail you will probably see several deer. There is a covered bridge on this trail that crosses a nice creek where you can usually see small fish swimming about. Most of this trail is paved and would be a good trail wheelchairs or scooters. This is my first blog so be patient while I develope this and I hope you will share your experiences on this blog as well. I wll post more later.

No comments: